2018 Hobie Mirage Adventure Island
Hobie Mirage Island trimarans are multi-mode performers: sail, fish, pedal, paddle. Yet approachable thanks to the hands-free power of the MirageDrive.
An absolute joy on the water, the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island is impressively approachable.
Ride the wind: A roller-furling, vertically battened mainsail provides lift, a retractable centerboard prevents lateral slip, and the larger amas tuck parallel against the rotomolded polyethylene hull for docking. Multiple hatches, on deck stowage and Vantage CT Seating encourage multi-day adventures, and the MirageDrive with Glide Technology offers paddle-free locomotion when the wind scatters, making it easy to get home. The “AI” is also an exceptional bluewater-capable fishing platform. Equip the accessory trampoline kit for extra space and walk-around capability.
Features may include:
Rudder Up/Down Control
8″ Twist and Seal Hatch with Gear Bucket
- These molded-in holsters securely tote your rods, are perfectly angled for trolling and can accommodate a gaff, nets and other gear.
Rear Cargo Area
- Big adventures demand plenty of gear. These molded areas and Bungee® tie-downs ensure that it’s still there when you get to camp.
- Cold, hot or somewhere in between–we’ve got a convenient spot for your favorite beverage.
8″ Twist and Seal Hatch
- An efficient corkscrew mechanism ratchets down this hatch, keeping stowed items secure irrespective of the sea state. The lid is permanently attached to its base via a hinge, so you don’t have to worry about leaving it at last night’s campground.
- Built-in, fully retractable, kick-up centerboard
Mesh Stowage Pocket
- Easy access and safe stowage for the things you reach for most. Now made with rubber for improved durability.
MirageDrive 180 with ST Turbo Fins
- Revolutionary hands-free propulsion system. When pedaled, the flexible fins assume the shape of a propeller blade, providing forward motion with each pedal stroke.
Molded Carrying Handle
- Ergonomic handles fitted to stainless padeyes make portaging easier and more comfortable.
Large Bow Hatch
- Enables easy access to the bow’s stowage compartment. A security strap with a detachable clip tethers the hatch; abovedeck, Bungee® cords secure extra gear.
- Soft handle makes fingertip steering easy.
Vantage CT Seating
- New state-of-the-art design, with 4-way adjustablity for more comfort in the cockpit or on the beach, Enjoy breathability, infinite flexibility and better visibility.
- Mirage Adventure Island
- Sail Area: 65 ft² (6.04 m²)
- 16′ 7″ (5.05 m) | Mast: 16′ 6″ (5.03 m)
- Amas Folded In: 44″ (1.12 m) | Amas Out: 9′ 6″ (2.9 m)
- 400 lbs (181.4 kg)
- 1 Persons
- Fitted Hull: 102 lbs (46 kg) | Fully Rigged: 185 lbs (84 kg)
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene